Sunday, 6 October 2013

Buttons and Bows

Evening! Glued to my craft desk since this morning. Not literally you will be pleased to know. Tonight I have been making my entry to this week's Winter Wonderland Challenge with the theme of Buttons & Bows.

I have just realising that my last (and only other entry) to Winter Wonderland Challenge was Joanna Sheen's Out of the Hutch and so is this one! This is not intentional but has probably happened because I have been itching to cut out the little blighters. They are sooo ridiculously cute but unusual. I don't remember seeing my guinea pigs on the Christmas cards I've received. Having said that every card I get this year will probably have a guinea pig on it now.

I have decoupaged the image and used green glitter card as a backing, along with some red Christmas papers from my stash. I have used green glitter ribbon  from Dovecraft as the bow and some gorgeous red buttons (and a few green gems).



Here you can see the detail in the decoupage giving it definition 


A close up of the buttons and bow. Simple but effective.


Thanks for looking. Next time I will try use another character for the challenge!! xx

3 comments:

  1. how gorgeous perfect use of those buttons and bows for our challenge at the Winter Wonderland, thank you for joining us
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card sweet image.
    Thank you for joining the Winter Wonderland Button & Bows challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete