Thursday, 10 October 2013

So Sweet!

Hello there. Hasn't it got very very chilly out there today?! Brrrrrrrr... But at least it makes it easier to make Christmas cards when it's getting all Autumnal and chilly. I keep trying to make them because I have so many to do and not so much time.

Today I have been working on my entry for the Joanna Sheen Challenge - So Sweet. One thing I love about challenges that everybody interprets the theme differently. I have interpreted it as cute but chosen this sweet Christmas House Mouse image that features a candy cane.

Sorry that the photography is not fantastic, poor lighting at this time of night. As you can see this creation is very glittery. 


I have die cut a decorative frame in red glitter card as a frame for an image and edged this with clear gems. The banking paper is something from my stash with red stars and blue snowflakes which seems to match lovely. I used a stamped sentiment with blue ink "Sweet Wishes". And added two little navy blue ribbon bows either side of the decorative frame.


I associate candy canes being hard and shiny. So I used some glossy accents to glaze the candy cane. The above picture you can see the sheen. It's so lovely. As my boyfriend Stephen said "It's just the ticket!".

Thank you for looking. I hope you like my card. My next card for the Joanna Sheen Challenge will be my GDT card, how exciting!!! Finally I just want to say that I am so so grateful for everyone who leaves me a comment, they are so lovely. They make me smile and I appreciate them so much. Thank you xx



1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous, such a sweet image....Thanks for playing along with us at Joanna Sheen Challenge this fortnight.
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete