Saturday, 4 January 2014

DT card for *new* Gruffies & Guests Challenge

Happy New Year Crafters!! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year celebrations. We went to my mums house in Lincolnshire for Christmas which was great to catch up with family and Lincolnshire local friends. Lots of sleep was involved which is always a bonus. New Year's Eve we spent with friends Jacq & Ben, enjoying champagne and chocolates. I also got to finally meet and fluff the ears of their baby giant bunny Rupert who was gorgeous despite him frequently trying to eat my furry boots!

Upon reflection 2013 was a fabulous year. Cannot think of much bad happening compared to usual and we went to soo many lovely weddings, parties and went away to Gran Canaria which was the most amazing holiday we've had to date. Here's hoping 2014 is just as special.

Anyway, you may have read that I have joined forces with fellow crafters to start the Gruffies and Guests challenge. Gruffies (bears) along with their friends Happy Hoppers (bunnies) and House Mouse (mice) are characters drawn by artist Ellen Jareckie and brought to the crafting world by my favourite crafter Joanna Sheen in the form of papercrafting CD-Roms, rubber stamps and decoupage sheets. They are so totally delightful and comical - now I have discovered them I use them all the time.

I am so excited to be part of the design team for the Gruffies and Guests Challenge. For the first challenge the theme is 'Anything Goes' and our first sponsor is the fabulous Crafty Ribbons who will give the prize of a £10 voucher to the lucky winner.


This post features my last make of 2013 and the first design team card for 2014. You will see I have used a Happy Hopper image for my card. I am also a big cross stitcher so it seemed natural to use this image. I have used layers of different papers of varying patterns and colours.


You will see I have decoupaged the image and added some beads to the design for extra dimension. I have also used purple ribbon as a backing for fabric flowers with clear gem centres.


Close up of the cross stitching bunny.


It would mean so much to me and the rest of the design team over at Gruffies & Guests Challenge if you got involved and entered your designs. For more information please visit this link.


Thank you for looking, comments are always gratefully received xx



4 comments:

  1. Fab card Suzy, love the image (very cute) and the beads xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzy, Happy New Year. What a gorgeous card. It reminded me of the many years I did doing cross-stitch before dodgy hands and eyes stopped me. I shall look forward to working with you on Gruffies and Guests Design Team, best wishes, Kym xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suzy, sorry I'm late getting round! Lovely card, such a sweet image. I love cross stitching too and hope to do some this year! xx

    ReplyDelete