Thursday, 9 January 2014

Pretty In Pink

Hello my lovelies - something a little bit different from me this evening... not sure if it is influenced by the fact I haven't been feeling very well? I am quite pleased with it though.

I made this card from another one of Joanna Sheen's crafting CDs 'Jane Shasky From the Heart of the Garden'. It is a CD jammed full of garden, flowers, bird & butterfly images, beautifully drawn and thought it was about time I had a serious play with it.




You will see that the decoupage topper is much deeper than I usually do, but I like it's tremendous 3D effect. I have therefore kept the card fairly clean and simple so it does not retract for the decoupage itself. I have therefore used silver mirror card for the background and then layered it up with pink card that I have embossed with a new embossing folder with a rose design. Unfortunately due to the size of the topper, you cannot see the full design but it certainly adds texture. I have then added a few faux pearls for embellishment and because they look pretty. 

I am entering this card into the CD Sunday - 'Pretty in Pink from Christine' Challenge. 

What do you think about it? It's so different for me. No cute animal or bear!

Thanks for reading xx

5 comments:

  1. This is so pretty and perfect decoupage, a beautiful card and so right for our challenge at CD Sunday this week, thanks for joining in.
    sue-b xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a simple layout it certainly has the WOW factor!! The pearls are a perfect addition...classy. Thank you for sharing it with us. Wynn DT CD Sunday xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That rose image is beautiful and you've done a brilliant job with decoupaging it. A lovely card altogether.
    Thank you for joining us.
    Beryl xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful rose and your decoupage is fab. Like the look of the embossing folder and the pearls are a perfect embellishment.
    Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done decoupage and such a stunning image. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete