Thursday, 16 January 2014

Suzy goes grunge! Crafting Musketeers GDT

Ever wondered what my cards would look like in a grunge style? Well know you are about to find out! I am sooo sooo very excited to show you this card. It must be my most absolute favourite make EVER!

I was asked to create a Guest Design Team make for the popular Crafting Musketeers Challenge #9 Blog for their current Grunge theme. First thoughts... "Oh my goodness, what is grunge?" All my followers know that I love everything cute and girly so this seemed so not me. But after a bit of research on the theme, I agreed to give it a go. Well they are called challenges for a reason, right?

So off I went to my local craft store and purchased some dark moody paper and Distress Ink from Tim Holtz in Vintage Photo colour. Armed with my trusty make up sponges, non-stick crafting mat, guillotine and Cuttlebug I got to work. 

The result of what I have made has blown my mind. I just hope you like it you too.


I took a cream A5 size cardstock and distress the edges, then took 3 backing patterned papers in green, beige and purple and distressed them too.The adorable image of a sleeping tiger cub on a branch is from Joanna Sheen's CD Furry Friends printed on gentle gloss paper. To continue the branch theme I die cut two images of branches in blank card with a die from Marianne Designs. The sentiment is stamped in black. The roses and brass effect bird are from the most amazing embellishment pack from DoCrafts in the new Sew Lovely range.

A friend said it was a "good interpretation of grunge in my usual style". That's good enough for me.

Do get involved in the challenge, there is a lovely prize from Visible Image up for grabs. The challenge is open until 29th Jan at 8pm.

Thank you so much for taking the effort to look at my blog, any comments are welcome xx

1 comment:

  1. Great Grunge card Suzy, I wouldn't know where to start with grunge haha, I too like girly sparkly stuff xx

    ReplyDelete