Sunday, 9 February 2014

Anything Goes With Ribbon

My first make of the weekend is a gorgeous little Forever Friends card that I have made using the Kraft Notes kit which I have recently rediscovered in my storage. 


I have used a decoupage bear made up with sticky fixers and used a topper as a layer, as well as two different patterned papers from the range, backed on to kraft card. I have die cut a lovely heart banner from LaLa Land crafts (which I must HIGHLY recommend as it cuts beautifully) using the hearts as an embellishment. I have also used buttons from my stash and faux blue pearls.

I have added a peach ribbon bow on the left of the card which finishes the card off nicely. I am entering this card into the Anything Goes With Ribbon challenge over at Crafty Ribbons. 


You may notice from my blog that I love using ribbon, and many people comment on my use of it.

Some hints & tips of using ribbon on cards:

1. The key is not to over use it, only use it if it adds something to the design. Think about whether a bow, full strip of ribbon, strip & bow is right.
2. Think about the size of the ribbon you use, including its width and size of bow. You don't want to overload the card with a massive bow unless it is integral to the design.
3. Use a complimentary colour & ribbon pattern that matches the design, papers and colours used.
4. Think about the type of ribbon. Organza is very pretty but does not always suit the design, satin seems to work well with most projects.
5. Practice tying your bows. To get a neat and tidy bow, use a bow maker. There are many different brands on the market, all that use the same principle of using pegs.

This video below from YouTube demonstrates how to use a bow maker


Thanks for reading xx





1 comment:

  1. Very pretty Suzy :-) Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Ribbons this time :-) Elaine DT -xxx-

    ReplyDelete