Saturday, 1 February 2014

Love Is In The Air - New Gruffies & Guests DT

Hello lovelies

Hope you are all having a better 2014 than me. I have been ill since 1st January! First had extreme fatigue, then UTI and now the flu, hoping the year improves shortly. Although I have caught up with a few Disney movies which has been nice.

As we enter February it means we have a new challenge over at Gruffies and Guests Challenge. Our very first challenge was amazing with over 50 entries and I really enjoyed looking at everyone's entries, so inspirational and gorgeous. There really are some amazingly talented crafters out there in the world and I feel privileged to be part of the crafting movement.

Today I share with you my DT card for the February Challenge of "Love Is In The Air". I have gone against the traditional red and pink and gone for autumn colours with kraft card. The main reason for doing this is I desperately wanted to try out my new kraft card I purchased from Papermill Direct and also I wanted to make an Anniversary card (I send so many).


I have used this gorgeous little House Mouse image from the triple cd with matching backing paper. I have used the LaLa Land Crafts heart banner die and used this down the side which is different then what I have tried before and I quite like the effect. Also used some orange ribbon and hearts with gold gem centres. Added a bit of glitter to the image for that added sparkle.

Hope you like it and please, please, please join in with  the Challenge.

This month is sponsored by Dawn to Dusk - who have donated a voucher.

 photo logo-4_zpsa1d31807.jpg

Good luck xx

I am also entering this card into the House Mouse & Friends Challenge "Show Some Love" theme

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Suzy! love the bunting put on the side, great image
    hugs Shaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable image and card; love the side banners! Hugs, Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suzy! This card is so sweet. Would also be perfect for the "Show some LOVE' theme at our HMFMC blog HERE -> House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an adorable image! I love the colors you have chosen, Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used the same image on my card this week at House Mouse & Friends and I think it is one of the cutest images ever. I really like this card being non traditional colors and that banner is darling. I also love how you incorporated the image into your sentiment piece. Just fantastic. Thanks so much for also playing along with us here at House Mouse & Friends. I do hope you health continue to improve.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card love the cute image great take on the Love chall theme.

    Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse & Friends Mon. chall

    smiles Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining House Mouse & Friends Monday challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Mousey hugs
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete