Tuesday, 4 February 2014

Ribbon & Bows

Despite recovering from flu, since February hit I have heard nothing but good news! On the 1st our amazing friends gave birth to their baby boy (who I am excited to meet), 2nd I woke up to news that I had won the Here Kitty Kitty Challenge over at CD Sunday with my purple kitten card and on the 3rd work called me to say that I won £35 on the bonus ball rollover thing we do. Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket?!

Due to the flu, I have been home and therefore between napping and entertaining the cat I have had time to make another card. I don't know why but I have been making another orange themed card. Last few days I am just drawn to Autumnal colours which is weird considering it is getting closer to Spring! 

This week's challenge at CD Sunday is Ribbon & Bows so we can use our ribbon stashes. Any crafter who says they do not have a large stash is lying... we all have ribbon until it comes out of our ears. I for one have 3 quality street tins and a shoe box full (Oops!)

So this week's make is using my new Puppies & Kittens CD from Joanna Sheen that is no longer published but I have been stalking eBay for it, for a considerable amount of time I may add and have finally got my mitts on one. Yippee! I have used an adorable picture of a cat in a flowerpot with a sweet bunny. My two favourite pets!


The card is 8x8" in size and uses a large decoupage image from the CD, as well as coordinating backing paper. I have used orange paper for matt & layering. I have used orange ribbon along the left hand side with bow which is subtle and not too much but ties it all together nicely. I have added 3 clear gems in the bottom right hand corner as embellishment.

You can see the gorgeous layer of decoupage in this photo, which gives it depth and dimension. I didn't use all the layers as it sometimes becomes different to send when the card is too deep.


For the sentiment, I have used an embossed birthday sentiment in orange from Cuttlebug, cut this out with a circle die and then used a nested scalloped circle in the backing paper, raising it slightly from the card with sticky fixers. I have had this embossing folder for a while but first time I have tried it and it's so effective.



Thank you so much for stopping by, hope you like it Xx

7 comments:

  1. A ngorgeous card Suzy. Love the cat and rabbot images and yourr bow is so neat. How do you do that?
    Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
    Beryl xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous cute card, makes me believe spring is coming. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an adorable image Suzy....love it. Your card has a warm glow with the orange theme you've gone for.....just what we need for these cold days. Thank you for joining us again at CD Sunday and congratulations on your Here Kitty Kitty win. Good luck Wynn DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really sweet and I love the colours you have used. That embossed greeting looks great too.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Suzy and i do like the colour choice and embossed sentiment.Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week and good luck.
    sue-b DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beautifully tied bow. They put mine to shame. Love the colours used.
    Thank you for joining in with us at Cd Sunday.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday DT Team B

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty and I love the decoupage, great colours too.
    Thanks for joining in with us at CD Sunday.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete