Saturday, 5 April 2014

Lovely Lace for Ewe

Hi there! Not been doing too much crafting recently, I have been using my free time to volunteer at Rodbaston Animal Zone. So far it has been an amazing and rewarding experience. It has certainly made me appreciate how much zoo keepers and animal care assistants do, it is extremely hard work. It is early mornings and constant physical work. You literally do not stop! Every-time I complete one of my days I come home and collapse into bed. All who do it for a living full time deserve a medal. Most importantly working with animals IS good for you health. You are outdoors, working hard keeping fit and who isn't made happy by little furry faces appreciating you.

This last weekend was Lambing Weekend where people came and feed lambs. I loved every minute of helping out with the lambs and it has been my inspiration for this month's Gruffies & Guests Challenge.


The theme this time is Lovely Lace which I chose. I love lace. I have done lace making since the age 13 and it is my favourite embellishment. I love how lace is now in fashion, as it makes everything look vintage and beautiful. The lace I used on my Gruffie and Lamb project is vintage pink lace from my stash. The image from the Happy Hoppers & Gruffies CD is just scrumptious!

I really can't wait to see what creations people come up with this time. I am sure there are people who are really innovative with lace which will be so inspirational for my (and others) future makes. The prize this month is well worth winning because you can win a £10 voucher from Bearly Mine Designs. Hope to see your entries. Lace month we had some outstanding entries. Have a go! xx

1 comment:

  1. Adorable Gruffies creation with pretty details and colors. Come and join more of the House-Mouse fun at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete