Wednesday, 6 January 2016

Ring in the New Year

Happy New Year! Hope all that reads this blog will have a wonderful, prosperous and healthy 2016.

Firstly, I want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to CD Sunday Challenge for choosing my Hedgehog card as winner at the "H is for..." challenge back in November. As I have just returned to card making it has really made me smile, so thank you.

Anyway, on that note here I am with another entry to CD Sunday - Ring in the New Year challenge. Most people seem to be choosing images of partying, drinking, general celebration - but that is not how I spent my New Years Eve - so I have made a card that reflects what I did.

What I did in fact is sit at home with my lovely boyfriend, reflecting on 2015 and talking about what we want for the coming year. Well, that was until Bryan Adams came on the TV and then I just sat getting excited and Stephen wasn't so keen... LOL


So my card is two very cute in-love mice cuddled up reflecting on the year from Crafter's Companion Moonbeam Meadow which I haven't used yet, I am so pleased I got to use my new sentiment die too (which is actually 'with love' but cut down) - sooo cute.

Materials used:

Picture & papers from Moonbeams Meadow Everyday CD-ROM
Spellbinders Die D-Lits Sentiments Three
Stickles Glitter Glue in Stardust
Kraft card
A6 hammered card blank in white
Gems, ribbon from stash
Heart punch from Lidl(!)

Challenges Entered:

Hope you like it. Xx 

6 comments:

  1. What an adorable image and a great take on our theme. Thank you for joining us again CD Sunday. Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzy. I love your take on New Year. It is great to see something different. Glad you were pleased to be in our Top 3 - your hedgehog card was a goodie.
    Thank you for joining in with us again.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like my new year, i love the card and it's cute image a great interpretation on our theme , Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday.
    sue-b xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so gorgeous! I love the image, and cutting down the die cut is a great idea
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card and I like the story that goes with it. Obviously it was made with lots of love which is a good way to start any new year.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, Thank you for sharing with us at CD Sunday, Happy New Year to You
    Shaz GDT x

    ReplyDelete