Saturday, 30 January 2016

Seasons

The challenge on CD Sunday this time is Seasons. Most people seem to say they hate or love certain seasons, some even get down in Winter but I love all seasons. Spring you have all the lovely flowers, particularly daffodils, which are one of my favourites. In Summer, it's (sometimes) hotter and you get to go outside without a coat. In Autumn, it's an explosion of oranges and browns that look beautiful. Winter, it's Christmas and cold so you get to wear warm and cosy jumpers, scarves and hats. I simply don't understand distaste of certain seasons. Although having said that there is nothing better then a bit of warm sun on your face.

However, for the challenge I have chosen this cute image from Popcorn the Bear Kids CD of him and Soufflé the duck eating strawberries. A lovely summer image that reminds me of when I was little and my parents used to take me to strawberry pick of your own and we'd eat more than we actually bought as we went along. Oops!


I love the colours of the colours I chose. I have realised that lately I am choosing a lot of pink, yellow and green in my crafts, stationery and home décor. I also love the little pink ribbon that has Love, Laugh, Live printed on it.


Materials Used: 

Images Popcorn Kids Collection CD Rom
Papers from stash but believe they are Dovecraft
Ribbon from Papermania
Leaves 6 x 6 folder (not sure make)
Spellbinders D-Lites Sentiments Die
Stickles glitter in stardust
Paper flowers from Hobbycraft (which I added glitter to)
Gems

Challenges Entered:


AMAZED to read that I won CD Sunday in the January challenge of "Ringing in the  New Year". I am so pleased that my interpretation of the theme was appreciated and my card liked. Also, thank you for the wonderful prize of charms I received from Carol - so generous. Don't worry, Carol, I do like charms just didn't own any, until now.

The very generous prize from Carol. Thank you so much!
Thank you for visiting my blog - any comments welcome Xx

7 comments:

  1. Souffle looks ecstatic with his strawberry. Lovely card Suzy. I am so glad you liked the charms. I shall be watching out quite closely now.
    Hugs Carol xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous summery card, makes me long for some strawberries fresh from the garden!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just had strawberries with my yoghurt this morning Suzy. Yes in Cyprus it's strawberry time!!! I know our Seasons are all mixed up here......Spring in Autumn and Harvest time in the Summer!!! Crazy!! Love the image and your blog post. Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday. Wynn DT ( great prize too from Carol....well deserved)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Suzy and I love that ribbon, Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday.
    sue-b xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a delicious card. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card, lovely choice of image.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you want your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (no matter why you broke up) you got to watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Why your ex will NEVER come back...

    ReplyDelete