Tuesday, 23 February 2016

A Very Dotty Thank You

So, here I am again with another entry to CD Sunday Challenge. Sorry to have missed the last one. I have not been making cards so this month, but boy, the month has flown by! The theme of Thank you this time is quite apt because I need to say another huge THANK YOU for choosing my wild flower entry to be in the top 3. You really are spoiling me over there!



I have been quite  busy of late beavering away at bobbin lace making. A hobby I have not really touched since my very early twenties. I have so far successfully made one bookmark and started a rather large mat, that has made me swear like a trooper, as well as close my eyes and count to ten more than a few times. You know what they say though: practice makes perfect. I shall write a blog post at the end of the month to show my progress. Despite what I have just said, I have enjoyed it so much and an abundance of Taylor Swift and Dan + Shay music has embraced my headphones during  my crafting sessions. Not sure Stephen has enjoyed my tone-deaf singing though!

This morning I have loved making this very simple thank you card using Halcyon Days CD by Crafter's Companion for the cute hedgehog image and backing paper. I particularly love the way the images give a fabric and embroidered look. I used this gorgeous sparkly washi tape from Paperchase and kraft card to create this look. I must admit I am not 100% sure whether it hasn't turned into an over spotty mess but, it is what it is. A super easy make when short on time.


Materials Used:

Halycon Days Papercrafting CD by Crafter's Companion.
Glitter washi tape from Paperchase
Gems
Kraft Card
Sentiment stamp from Hobbycraft
A6 white hammered card blank

Challenges Entered:


Thank you for reading - any comments always appreciated :) xx

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty, I like hedgehogs, sweet creatures if a little prickly. The sparkly washi tape is a nice touch. Thank you for sharing with us at CD Sunday.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout Suzy. I love the bright colours you've used too.....really cheery. Thank you for joining us again at CD Sunday. Always lovely to see your creations. Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. That patchwork hedgehog scene is gorgeous! A really pretty card
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Suzy and thank you for joining us again. We hope to see you all the time. Love your creations.
    p.s. I replied to your parchment comment on my blog.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a great card Suzy, a good Cd too, love the image you have used from it, Thanks for joining us at Cd Sunday.
    sue-b xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your spotty card and great choice of image from this fab cd-rom.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete